Updated: February 8th 2020

Greenleaf currently supports full reciprocity for out-of-state Medical Cannabis cardholders

What does this mean? If you are a patient with a valid out of state MMJ card you can stop by our facility to purchase medicine. New out-of-state patients will be required to complete a Greenleaf new patient form to be entered into our system. Under the Rhode Island Department of Business Regulations (RI DBR), an out of state patient is allowed the following limt:

  • Out of State Patient Purchase Limit: 2.5 oz of usable cannabis or its equivalent, converted usable weight for edibles and concentrates as set by the RI DBR during a 15-day period. This conversion for usable weight can be found in our FAQ’s Page.

What do I need to bring? You must bring your state-issued photo ID or Passport as well as your current state-issued MMJ card. If you are visiting Greenleaf for the first time you will also be required to fill out our new patient form along with our Indemnification and HIPAA form.

Please note that we cannot make exceptions for patients who do not have the required documents. In the event of expired or missing documents, we are prohibited from granting access to the dispensary. First-time patients are welcome to visit anytime during store hours, but we recommend arriving at least 30 minutes before close on your first visit to the compassion center.

Note: The State of Rhode Island is currently considering changes that would restrict access to out of state patients without a matching state issued ID.

Have a California Issued Medical Card?

Under current Rhode Island law, anyone with a valid MMJ card can make a purchase even if they have a MMJ card that does not match their state issued ID. This law is subject to change at any time which would restrict patients without matching state ID’s and Medical Cannabis cards.

We STRONGLY recommend anyone currently living within the state of Rhode Island who does not have a valid RI state issued MMJ card, as well as anyone outside of Rhode Island who does not have a License or ID to match his or her state’s MMJ card, to make the switch as soon as possible as to not prevent access to medicines. Please visit our section on “How to Get Your Rhode Island Medical Marijuna Card” for more information and a list of the steps necessary to make the switch.

If you are an out of state patient with a California Medical Marijuana card that does not match your state ID or License, please visit your state’s Medical Marijuana Program website for more information about how to obtain your appropriate MMJ card.